Eagleman: My Favorite TV Ad (Part 2 of 4)

As a Halloween treat, I'm writing about my favorite ad campaigns of all time. In part 1, I wrote about my favorite print ad campaign. Today I'll reveal my favorite TV ad.


Part 2: My Favorite TV Ad
In 1993, Eagle Insurance released what some have called the worst TV commercial ever created. But I call it the best. It's memorable for a lot of reasons:
  • The cheesy writing and acting
  • The ridiculous Eagleman character
  • The fact that Eagle *man* lays an egg
When the ad came out, I was often heard around the house saying, "oh, look at those low rates" just like the women at the end of the commercial. I find it just as funny today as I did back then. Some high school students even created a behind the scenes video about the making of this commercial.

A few years later, Eagle Insurance embraced the cheesy hit they had on their hands and one-upped themselves with the equally-amazing Eaglewoman commercial. It starred Chicago radio personality Mancow Muller — I've been a fan of his for years. While I love both commercials, it's the original one that gets my vote for best TV ad of all time.

Add This To Your To-Do List
Do you have a TV ad? I'd love to hear about it.

There's never a lack of ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porta Potties: Hilarious Product Names

Only Old People Choose Butter Pecan Ice Cream

2023 Super Bowl Ads: Match the Celebrity Endorsers